Wednesday, March 2, 2011

biopedal devices

5'6" 139 lbs
30% bodyfat

Now that I'm eating 20 grams of protein every 3 hours I'm back to dropping weight.  I didn't mention before that I purchased a bodyfat scale, biopedal device thinggy.  In the book it says that these are largely unreliable, but for $30 I figured I can get a baseline started until I can schedule a BodPod reading.  I started at 143lb + 32% bodyfat on that scale.

Yesterday was a much needed break from the Pagg stack.  It really makes my stomach acidic and since I have GERD issues, can be quite uncomfortable.  I will start taking Prilosec again to deal with the stomach issues.  I will also decrease the ALA from 200 mg 4x daily to 100mg 4xdaily.

My new meal rotation so far is this:

7amWhey Protein + Water (27g protein) upon waking
Run/workout
10am  Poached Chicken breast (about 4oz) on raw spinach with balsamic/flax seed oil + 6 almonds + 1Tbspn organic peanut buter
1pm  4oz Salad Shrimp or steamed cod on raw spinach w/ same dressing = 6 almonds
3pm Chicken or fish on spinach w/ dressing
6pm Dinner- Large salad w/ balsamic + lean protein (lamb, chicken or fish)+ veggies + 1 glass red wine
1 hour before bed:  4oz chicken + spinach salad + almonds+ 1 Tbspn peanut butter

So far so good.  Not bored with meals, listing cheat day foods:
Brie
Honey
LoveCrunch Granola
Sushi
Pasta Carbonara (gluten free)
Blue Cheese

I did 5 mile runs twice so far this week.  More weekly mileage that I've had since the fall marathon.  It feels good to get back out there, cold but sunny.

Working out every 2-3 days (strength training) and must wonder if recent weight loss is going to be from starting running again + diet, or just running and it wouldnt matter what I was eating.  However, since I am able to track the 2%loss of bodyfat, I feel better that at least I don't seem to be losing muscle.  Anxious to see how it all looks after the weekend/cheat day.

No comments:

Post a Comment